General Election Hustings
Woodford Liberal Synagogue, along with all the other religious communities in Chingford and Woodford Green, is helping to organise a hustings for the candidates standing to be the constituency MP in the 2015 General Election. We want to encourage all members of the local community to engage with this election and to cast their votes.
All seven candidates have been invited – they are (in alphabetical order):
- Anne Crook (Liberal Democrat) who has confirmed her attendance
- Iain Duncan Smith (Conservative) whose attendance is still to be confirmed
- Len Hockey (Trade Unionist and Socialist Coalition) who has confirmed his attendance
- Bilal Mahmood (Labour) who has confirmed his attendance
- Lisa McKenzie (Class War) who has confirmed her attendance
- Rebecca Tully (Green) who has confirmed her attendance
- Freddy Vachha (Ukip) who has confirmed his attendance
The Hustings will take place on Monday 27th April at 7.30pm at Woodford Memorial Hall, 209 High Road, South Woodford E18 2PA (where we held our Rosh Hashanah morning service). Parking is available behind the nearby health centre and in Derby Road car park, and the Hall is on bus routes 179 and W13.
Those wishing to attend are advised to apply for tickets in advance to avoid disappointment.
Applications for tickets should be made by noon on 13th April to: Hustings c/o Woodford Memorial Hall, 209 High Road, South Woodford E18 2PA enclosing a stamped self-addressed envelope. The tickets are free, and if necessary, tickets will be allocated by ballot on 13th April.
We’re also asking you to send in your questions. You can do so:
- On Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/cwghustings2015)
- On Twitter (@cwghustings15)
- By Email (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- By Post (St Mary’s Church, High Road, South Woodford, E18 2PA)
Send your question(s) by 20th April and we’ll count them up and spend the first hour of the hustings posing the most popular submissions to the candidates. The second hour is open to questions from the floor.